Old Chatham, New York
Old Chatham, a hamlet in northeast Chatham, is located in Columbia County. It has the distinction of being one of the earliest settlements in the township and was originally named Chatham.
The center of Old Chatham is home to several businesses including the Old Chatham Country Store, which has been a landmark in the village square for many years. The Wilbor House, also known as The Thompson Farm, is an historic home located in Old Chatham. Built around 1790, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.
Old Chatham also is home to the Old Chatham Sheepherding Company, which was established in 1993 as a sheep dairy farm, soon becoming the largest of its kind in the United States.
Photo Credit: Doug Kerr