Pleasant Valley, New York
Pleasant Valley is a centrally located town in Dutchess County, northeast of Poughkeepsie. U.S. Route 44 passes through the town and it intersects with the Taconic State Parkway in the north.
The town was part of the Great Nine Partners Patent of 1697 and settlers arrived after 1735. The Pleasant Valley Grange Hall, built around 1830 as a farmhouse, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999. Pleasant Valley is made up of nine communities, a hamlet called Pleasant Valley surrounded by Bloomvale, Clark Heights, Gretna, Netherwood, Salt Point, Timothy Heights, Valleydale and Washington Hollow.
The area has many beautiful parks including Bower Park, Cady Field and Recreation Park, James Baird State Park, the Mill Site Museum and Memorial Park.